Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Hello from the Detox Unit

We are still alive after 3 days of no sugar and no carbohydrates. Alive but not happy! I never thought I would see my kids weep over waffles, PB&Js, bacon and Mexican food. Their hollow eyes stare back at me from gaunt little faces. But I am NOT giving up! I think they expect me to cave, because honestly, I have several times in the past, threatened them with" food boot camp" when they whined about vegetables. After a couple of days I would get busy and give in to PB&Js.

But this time it's different! I am a woman on a mission! I am going to get my baby well from autism! Hip-hip-hooray!

Where are those cheerleaders when you need them?

In case you think they are being weenies, I can say that detox is not pretty. I have been quite irritable, achy, no energy, stomach ache, and this little ache on the back side fo my eyeballs. But I have not cried. Thank the Lord I have little sympathy for them now or I couldn't hold out. I can't leave them with Sheila or Dad because they ( admittedly) cave in easily. Which is a problem - because we are out of bananas. We have eaten 3 bunches of bananas in 24 hours! That might be a record!

4 comments:

Andrea said...

You might want to see if Winn Dixie will give you a discount if you buy bananas by the gross?:)


Andrea

Sonya...after play said...

I'll cheer lead for you! I admire you SO MUCH. I do not think for one second that the diet is a small thing! You broke my heart with a post awhile back and I am for whatever you can possibly do to reverse the autism. We are all here reading on baited (Sp??) breath hoping for the best, nay, praying for the best of God's blessings over your family. Hugs to you, KIDDOS! Love your mommy and daddy, they are doing their very best out of love for you!
Peace, Sonya

Debi McCain said...

Yeah, what she said ....! Peace be with you. And a big ol' virtual hug for {{{{{ you }}}}}!

Anonymous said...

What are you going to eat in New York (you might have to cave for a little while)? You have to hang in there.
From, Laura and Auntie
P.S. We wont tell if you cheat but can you keep Olivia quiet?:) See you then