Sunday, April 6, 2008

10 ... 9 ... 8 ......


Eight days and counting down till we start the Specific Carbohydrate Diet! I have ordered my yogurt maker and found a source for fresh local goat milk.

Truth is stranger than fiction. Who ever thought I would be making my own goat yogurt?! This week I'll be making flour from almonds. I have been assured it's not that hard. Compared to giving up coffee and chocolate, what is hard?

We have gotten good results with the gluten-free, casein-free diet, but we are going a step further to clear up Alec's GI problems and poor eating habits. We are ALL carb addicts , so for everyone's health and to minimize Alec's access to unauthorized food, we are ALL doing the diet.

I hope I live to blog about it!

4 comments:

His Girl Friday said...

Hello,
I'm not sure if I could ever give up chocolate and coffee! ;)
What a neat lifestyle change. I've no doubt you'll be feeling better in the long run. The small changes I've made have helped.

thanks for visiting my blog; I'll be back for a more thorough peek at yours when I'm not seeing crosseyed (worked this weekend) :)

Andrea said...

Chris gave me this book Saturday!
I'm pulling for you, sister.
And I promise to hid all the chocolate and caffiene when you come to visit!:)

A

Andrea said...

MARY IS IN HERE DANCIN'TO GREEN ACRES!
Perfect choice.

A

Ginger Taylor said...

You can do it! I believe in you!

SCD was big for my son Chandler. Hope that it gives Alec a boost too!

It is a pain when you start, but i was worth it for us.