Monday, June 23, 2008

Cure for Homeschool Blahs

Lately I've been mulling over curricula for the fall. No one at my house seems to want to learn, and the room we use for school is bright and cheerful - but totally uninspiring. I need a BIG fresh idea for fall. Well, I found it in a book I got this weekend.

My problem is this: Our house is missing a significant portion of its wisdom gua due to a jut-out in the house plan. With no place for knowledge chi to go, of course noone wants to learn!! The solution is simple. I will place an object at the imaginary corner of the missing rectangle. A bird bath in the front yard should do nicely. Until I get one, I think I'll use that garden gnome sitting in the garage. It has a red hat, particularly good for upping the intensity, according to feng shui principles.

They should be BEGGING me to teach 'em! I'll let you know how it works.

2 comments:

Andrea said...

HOME-EDUCATING THE FENG-SHUI WAY:
The YIN and YANG of Building the Brain.

You know....But with a garden gnome!

A

Debi McCain said...

Hey! Love the new look! RE the bird bath, that's exactly what we used ours for at the previous location! Only it was our money sector that was the problem! well, one of them anyway. That situation was a feng shui master's worse nightmare!! LOL